Thursday, December 19, 2013

Chaos By Design

I realize that I am about six months behind on my blog posts. Okay, fine, eight. I have them written, it is just  the small matter of actually getting to the computer to post them. At this point I could list a litany of excuses (is it still an excuse if it is true?) to account for my delays and also bemoan the fact that I am extremely busy, but neither of us have time for that. Besides, it is only six days until Christmas and I have to work on my excuses as to why cards are late. I know it is human nature to play the busy card like it is some kind of contest (Oh you think you have a lot to do? Well, wait until you see my calendar...) but I can't complain when I over schedule myself. Someone once said idle time is the devil's play and I think this individual had a four year old. Driving from mom's group to school to park district activities with two kids in winter coats drives me crazy, but considerably less so than staying at home and doubling as a cruise director (Mom, what should we do next?). So here I am getting some writing and posting done in the small window of time while one child is in school and the other sleeps. After school it is off to the chiropractor and then acting class, as if four year olds need to be schooled in acting. Tomorrow is Aiden's last day of preschool before Christmas break, and a break from school for kids equals a break from sanity for parents, but I digress. For now I will write and post until the chaos resumes. And you can read. Unless you are busy, or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment